Saturday, April 14, 2012

Magazine Scans - Michael and Lisa Marie Presley in People magazine

When I first found out in 1994 that Michael married Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of the "King" of Rock and Roll, Elvis, I was stunned and not happy. I have to be honest, I thought that Michael would marry a black woman and when he did not, I felt that he probably did not like black women. I thought this at the time and I do not feel this way now. Lisa Marie has always stuck me as trashy, low class and uneducated and I thought that Michael could do much better.  




Michael in 1993




I never believed that Michael and Lisa Marie ever had a real marriage and I know a lot of people would disagree with me. Some people would even state that I could be jealous that Lisa Marie had Michael and I did not. Honestly, it has nothing to do with jealousy but a feeling that I always had. Michael married this woman after he settled the 1993 "child abuse allegation case"/smear campaign and many people felt that it was a publicity stunt on his part to get the public to focus on his marriage to Lisa Marie and not the smear campaign he had to endure. In the future, I will do a blog entry of Michael and the women in his life. 



Lisa Marie in the 1990s

In this 1994 issue of People magazine, the article explores their relationship, their surprise marriage and the significant others that they each had before they tied the knot. 





Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley on the cover of People 1994.









-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magazine -
"Lisa Marie and Michael: The Honeymooners! Married - with (her) Children, $350 Million and Baffling Questions", Gliatto, Tom, People, pages 30-35, August 15th, 1994.

Pictures -
A picture of Michael from my personal harddrive and a picture of Lisa Marie Presley from a google.com search.