Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Criticism of the Jackson Family Part 1

When Michael died nearly three years ago, I was sadden and devastated. I felt horrible for Michael’s family and decided to support and defend his family. As time went by the family started to talk about Michael in the media and would offer their opinions about what happened to their brother/son. At times, the interviews were fine and at times, the interviews were weird. I didn’t mind the conclusion that some family members were stating regarding the conspiracy and Michael’s death being a murder. However, slowly but surely, the Jacksons started to state things that were not relevant to what happened to their brother.





Michael in 1983.



I do not have a problem with Michael’s family talking about him to the media or to other people. They have a right to do that. I do, however, have a problem when the family states things about Michael without any concrete evidence to prove what they stated. For example, Janet, Tito and Rebbie implied that Michael was probably a drug addict. To a lot of people who are not familiar with Michael’s issues and go by what the terrible media stated about Michael, his family’s assumptions about his supposed drug addiction are assumed true because his family holds more credibility than anyone else. Think about it: who is going to question what they state? Instead of the Janet, Tito and Rebbie looking into what they implied, they simply stated that without thinking about what they stated.


It was hard for me to defend this family when they state things that are not proven to be true. For the record, even though Michael did go to a rehabilitation center for his drug dependency in the 1990s, he was technically not an addict. The family does not do any actual research to prove their claims. They just go with the flow just to answer questions from ignorant, ill-informed media pundits who did not care for their brother. It is situations like that one that made me realized that I made a bad decision defending the family

Weeks ago, the remaining members of the Jackson 5: Tito, Jermaine, Jackie and Marlon, announced that they are going to do a reunion tour across America this summer known as the “Unity Tour”. Click here When I first heard the news, I thought it was a lie because how can these men do a tour now that Michael was gone and expect people to even show up? When it turned out to be true, I was disgusted because when Michael was alive and the brothers, especially Jermaine, would go on the record and wanted to do a reunion tour, they wanted Michael to join. Jermaine would not stop talking about it until Michael had to say yes. (I am not stating that Michael said “yes”. He never did.)  The one thing I was thinking when I heard the news was “Well, why didn’t they did this when Michael was living? What were they waiting for?”



The Jackson 4. 

It was weird to see the photos of the brothers promoting their tour and the logo for the “Unity Tour” being spread around the Internet. It was comical when Jackie stated that a Hologram of Michael -  Click here - might be used for the actual tour. (The Tupac Hologram was a huge talk a few weeks back when it debut in a music festival called Coachcella.) Is Jackie serious about wanting to use an image of Michael in a Hologram form for a concert that no one would go to? Instead of talking about these concerts, how about focusing on contesting this will and getting rid of John Branca as executor of his brother’s estate?? How about Jackie focuses more on researching what Sony/BMG did to his younger brother and stop being friends with his enemies?

If I am expecting Jackie to actually do these things, then I need some help. It seems like his son, Siggy Jackson does not see anything wrong with the current situation. Here is the deal, Siggy or Dealz if some of you actually take his rap career seriously, has a radio show called “Jackson Truth Radio”. At times, I would listen to the radio show and I have tried, in the past, calling his show and I have gotten through a couple of times, while I was in work. Calling a radio show at work is not a smart thing to do when you are using your cell phone. Nevertheless, in those couple of times getting through, I never had a chance to have a conversation with him. So, I decided to wait until the time was right. Two weeks ago, I was “sick” and I stayed home for nearly a week. That was when I had a chance to call in and finally get through to Jackson Truth Radio.



Siggy Jackson with his sister Brandi Jackson. 


I called the radio show, got through; I introduced myself and went right into what I wanted to ask him. I asked him about John Branca, one of the executors of the Estate and the “Unity Tour”. 

Here are tweets and a transcript that an MJ fan did on what I asked Siggy. I want to make a note that this fan is a supporter of John Branca and did this to make a “point” that the Jackson family has no issue with Branca.

The tweets:


As you can see, this fan has an agenda. It is clear with how this fan is stating the tweets that she/he has an agenda.

The transcript via twitlonger  (when you click on the link of the tweet, click on the link within the tweet to view the transcript) –

https://twitter.com/#!/andjustice4some/status/195701045278687232

MUST LISTEN!!! SIGGY JACKSON RE THE JACKSON FAMILY AND HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT JOHN BRANCA:

LA RADIO SHOW APRIL 17, 2012

AT 41:40


CALLER: HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT JOHN BRANCA, ONE OF THE EXECUTORS?
SIGGY: YOU KNOW WHAT'S SO FUNNY, IS UH, THERE WAS A STATEMENT THAT WENT THROUGH THE STREETS I THINK, THAT OUR FAMILY WAS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH JOHN BRANCA. 
CALLER: YES?
SIGGY: AND TO BE REAL HONEST, JOHN HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT GOOD TO OUR FAMILY. WHAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND IS, MY UNCLE MICHAEL WAS A VERY SHREWD BUSINESSMAN. HE WAS THE NICEST MAN IN THE WORLD, BUT WHEN IT CAME TO DOTTING YOUR I'S AND DOTTING YOUR T'S, HE WS VERY ON POINT, AND THERE'S A REASON THAT JOHN BRANCA IS IN THAT POSITION, AS IS JOHN MCCLAIN. AS IS MY GRANDMOTHER. AND TO BE HONEST LIKE I SAID, JOHN IS AN OUTSTANDING BUSINESSMAN. OUR FAMILY HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH BRANCA. WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE ESTATE.

There was more than what was stated on the transcript and you can listen to the rest of it when you click on the link of the radio show. It is clear that not only are the Jacksons not on the same page with  some of the fans and Randy on what is going on but by what Siggy stated, some of them do not care either way. I guess when the Estate gave his father, Jackie, the job of being the spokesperson for the Estate (Jackie with Miko Brando promoting the fan fest on Access Hollywood, Jackie promoting the Michael album, Jackie promoting the Immortal Tour in Las Vegas) Siggy decided to believe that if his father does not see an issue with Branca and the questionable situations and decisions that the estate made, then there is no issue and no problem. I guess the tweets that Randy stated meant nothing to the wannabe rapper. For the record: from what I know, a statement was never release that stated that the family had some issue with Branca. It was Randy who stated on twitter that the family and the executors were not on the same page. Let me post the links to the tweets in which Randy criticized the Estate executors –


Back in 2010, Randy stated that the family and the estate executors were not on the same page. If things have changed and they were on the same page, Randy would state as such. However, he did not. I hope in the future, Randy knows what his ill-informed nephew stated on his radio show and teach him a lesson –


Randy stated that he invited both McClain and Branca to Michael’s burial but neither showed up. How can a family get along with two men who handle the likeness, image and money of their relative when those men never even paid their respects to the man????



Michael and Randy in 1984.


So, I am trying to understand why would the Jacksons praise this man knowing what they know about this man and what this man has done and will continue to do with Michael’s legacy? Does the family even care? When Siggy answered my question, I was livid and I did not want to become irate or disrespectful towards what he had told me on the radio. That would make me look immature and ridiculous.  I wanted to hear what he had to state. After he answered my question, I lost interest in his radio show and everything about the family altogether. It was confirmation to me that some of his family members clearly do not know what Michael truly went through. They were busy living off of his money and hard work. On twitter , out of respect, I did give Siggy and his sister Brandi (Jackie’s daughter) a shout out for putting me on the radio and taking the time to answer my question. However, at the end of the day, I am not going to support the radio show or care about what they are doing. BTW, by Siggy confirming that Branca was being “nothing but good” to the family shows that there is no issue that the Jacksons have with Branca. So, even with all of the research and proof that shows that Branca is no good, it does not hold as much weight as Siggy’s statement about Branca. That is very disappointing. Michael being a shrewd businessman has nothing to do with what Branca did to him. Michael had to be a shrewd businessman so that his family, some who do not want to get jobs and make a living on their own, would never have to.




Austin Brown, singer and the son of Rebbie Jackson.

Last week, I was bothered when I saw tweets of Lisa Marie Presley tweeting to Austin Brown (Rebbie’s son). Austin is childhood friends with Lisa Marie’s older children, Riley and Benjamin Kerough because at one point, Michael was the stepfather to Lisa Marie’s older children and Stacee and Yashi, Rebbie’s daughters, use to babysit Lisa Marie’s older children. Rebbie and Janet developed a close friendship with Lisa Marie which does not surprise me. Even after everything Lisa Marie stated about Michael before the 2005 trial, i.e. the infamous Rolling Stone cover story -

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/interview_lisamarie_rollingstone.shtml

and after the trial, i.e. Lisa Marie with her mother Priscilla Presley trashing Michael on Oprah after Michael was vindicated,  I would think that the Jacksons would cut ties with this woman and her brood and move on. After reading the tweets – 



it is clear that the Jacksons still have a friendship with Lisa Marie. It is painful to read and witnessed because I remember back in 2005 when I watched Oprah and saw and listen to Lisa Marie and her wicked mother, Priscilla, trashed Michael. I was filled with anger and disbelief when I watched that show and I could not wait to express my anger on a message board that I was a member of. When I saw that, I knew that Michael made a terrible mistake marrying that woman. I guess his family did not see that episode of Oprah or did and did not seem to care. I could not even think of communicating with someone that trashed my loved one all because of a stupid piece of jewelry. Do these relatives even understand what it is like to be trashed by a person who, at one point, was married to them? When Margaret Maldonado wrote her book (Jackson Family Values) on the family, did Randy, Michael whoever, communicated with her afterwards? No. When James DeBarge, with the help of his family spread a crazy “lie” that Janet was pregnant with his child and aborted the child, did anyone in the family communicated with him so they can be friends? No. When Rene divorced Janet, did Michael or Jermaine give him a call? No. So, why are the Jacksons communicating with this woman after everything she stated about Michael, the same Michael who put roofs over their heads and food on the table? 

In February, LaToya was on the Wendy Williams Show  to promote her appearance on the CW show 90210





Latoya Jackson on Wendy Williams in February.

On the show, Wendy showed her and the audience a picture of Joe Jackson in a mall selling the Michael Jackson fragrance that he created. LaToya stops Wendy because she was “mad” at her for coming hard on her father. Here is my take: Joseph was in a mall selling the fragrance in a kiosk setting. How is that a lie? Who is trashing whom? Why LaToya didn’t used that same energy and confronting Wendy on the nasty things she stated about Michael and Janet when she had her radio show? Why waste time on getting “mad” with her on the obvious and not use the time to get her to apologized for her evil comments about Michael and Janet from years ago?

I found out last week that Paris Jackson is featured on People magazine silly lists of the world’s most beautiful people. I was shocked that she was on there because I would never think that she would be on a list like this. I am not stating that because of her looks because she is a pretty girl, but because she isn’t technically a star on her own. I was even proud to see her on there but I had questions about her being on there. I want to know who in the Jackson family approve of her being in the issue. What is she doing in the magazine if she is not promoting anything? Why is she giving advice about make-up? She is 14 and she is too young to be wearing any kind of make-up.  People magazine has this weird obsession with Michael’s children and I would think that the family can use that fact and get the magazine to do some type of extensive research on who actually killed Michael. However, since the mainstream media does not research and the Jacksons are allergic to research and thinking out of the box, I would not expect an in depth cover story on Michael’s murder. Unfortunately, I will see more and more of Michael’s children being plastered on these magazines/ragazines semi-tabloids just to get the public to focus more on them and less on what the entertainment business did to their father. The fans, most of them who claim to “love” Michael, will eat up the distractions and forget their real purpose of being fans of Michael. It has been going on for almost three years and it is going to continue to go on.

I have come to the conclusion that the Jacksons, most of them, do not want to figure out what truly happened to Michael. They are not taking the time to research into their brother’s/uncle’s life and how so many things could have been prevented. Instead, they are busy focusing on their lame reunion tours, telling the media his children’s private business, telling fables to fans on their radio show, taking the money, living in the fame of Michael’s, defending their abusive father/grandfather to the wicked media, befriending the bitter ex-wife and ignoring the truth. Meanwhile, some fans like me are taking the time out of our days to research on Michael and remind fans that Michael did not die in vain and the truth needs to be told. I cannot support a family that cannot understand the reality of the truth. I cannot support a family that will not do simple research on what actually happened to their brother/uncle. I cannot support a family that will not force their father to take responsibility for abusing them. I cannot support a family that tells fans that John Branca is “great” when he is not even close to reason let alone “great”. I cannot support a family that refuses to question some of these groupies who had flings with Michael while he was being poisoned by Dr. Klien and others during the last months of his life. I cannot support a family that continues to imply that Michael was a drug addict when he never had the behaviors of one. I cannot support a family that continues to befriend the very media that teamed up with Sony/BMG to create a smear campaign to destroy their loved one. I cannot support a family that communicates with Michael’s ex-wives instead of letting them be. I cannot support a family that does not give a damn about what happened to Michael. I want to make it clear that I am not going to include Randy, Katherine and the children in this because Randy seems to be the only sibling that is serious about his brother’s situation. Katherine is a woman who has been through too much and it is wrong to come after her. Michael’s children are innocent and the rest of Michael’s nieces and nephews are not directly involved in my rant. I will always have a soft spot for his family but I just want them to start waking up and accepting things as they are. If they do not cut off the ties with certain people and stop the foolishness, there will never be true closure.




Jacksons in 1989.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

References:

Articles -
"The Jackson Reunite for U.S. 'Unity' Tour", Lipshutz, Jason, billboard.com. April 4, 2012, 
http://www.billboard.com/events/the-jacksons-reunite-for-u-s-unity-tour-1006665152.story#/events/the-jacksons-reunite-for-u-s-unity-tour-1006665152.story

"Move Over, Tupac - Michael Jackson Hologram Could Absolutely Go On Tour With His Brothers", Malkin, Marc, eonline.com. April 18, 2012.
http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/move_over_tupacmdashmichael_jackson/309702

Lisa Marie Presley on Rolling Stone from 2003
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/interview_lisamarie_rollingstone.shtml

Radio (transcript) -
Jackson Truth Radio from April 17, 2012
http://im4mj.blogspot.com/2012/04/siggy-jackson-speaks-out-what-does.html

Tweets -
The tweets were from Randy Jackson, @randyjackson8 (verified), a MJ fan, Austin Brown, @Austin Brown, (verified) and Lisa Marie Presley, @LisaPresley, (verified) 

Pictures -
The pictures of Michael in 1983, with his brother Randy in 1984 and with his family in 1989 were from my personal harddrive. 
The picture of the surviving members of the Jackson five were on Jermaine Jackson's Official Facebook account.
The picture of Siggy and Brandi Jackson comes from Siggy's Official Facebook account .
The picture of Austin Brown comes from his Official Facebook account. 

Video -
LaToya Jackson on the Wendy Williams Show from youtube.com