Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Magazine Scans: TV Guide's Tribute to Michael

I describe the month of August to be a celebration of Michael's life. If Michael was with us, he will be 55 this year (August 29th). Even though Michael did not celebrated birthdays, he did like the idea of birthdays and meaning behind them. This month, I will do my version of celebrating Michael's life by focusing on the impact that he has made in the world. I want to post scannings of TV Guide's tribute to Michael from 2009. Michael has been on the cover and featured in the magazine various times. He gave two exclusive interviews for the magazine that were best sellers and read by the fans. I have to be honest, I bought the collectors issue because I loved the picture of the cover that the magazine editors have chosen. The picture reflected Michael in a respectful and reasonable way. It showed Michael the man and the legend. I want to post the parts of the issue that I felt were important. I hope you enjoy this and if not, that is OK as well. 





Michael on the cover of Tv Guide in 1999. 





The cover to the Tv Guide tribute, 2009.


Editor's Note.


Table of Contents.



Sorry for the media slave name the magazine gave Michael. Typical media. Anyway, the information was interesting. 













------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magazine -
"1958-2009 Michael Jackson, A Tribute to a King", TV Guide, Summer 2009. Pages 1, 2, 9, 10-13, 14-17, 18-19, 24-25. 

Picture - 
Michael on the cover of TV Guide in December of 1999 from my personal harddrive.